- Could "luck" have been a symbol in this story in any way?
- How does Jackson use foreshadowing to prepare the reader for the ending of "The Lottery"? Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"
- How can we relate "The Lottery" with the reducing of the ordinary people in order to keep the society functioning?
- Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" is run by two men named Graves and Summers. What significance can you see in the choices of...
- In Shirley Jackson's short story, "The Lottery," how is the resistance to change depicted?
Test Your Knowledge