Donald Davie (essay date 1991)
SOURCE: Davie, Donald. “Postmodernism and Lorine Niedecker.” PN Review 18, no. 2 (November-December 1991): 43-45.
[In the following essay, Davie reflects back on previous critical arguments he has made on Niedecker's “Lake Superior”.]
Ten years ago, when considerations of Niedecker's poetry were few and far between, I published in PN Review a brief appreciation of her ‘Lake Superior’ under the title, ‘Lyric Minimum & Epic Scope’. Quite by accident and much to my astonishment I discover...
(The entire page is 3104 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE