1. Why does the narrator of the title story decide to leave his girlfriend, and what is the significance of this decision?
2. What is the primary result of Junior’s education “The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven”?
3. What is problematic about memories in “Family Portrait”?
4. Who is Jerry Vincent and what is learned from his story in “Witnesses, Secret and Not”?
5. What does “Witnesses, Secret and Not” suggest about the experience of being a “witness,” both in the narrator’s family and culture?...
(The entire page is 313 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE