Chapter 6 finds Sarah making an excursion into the "field" to work on a story, something she had not done in some time; she wants to prove to her staff that she still has the chops to do this kind of reporting. She sets out to write an optimistic piece, but finds the task eludes her. She is still emotionally in turmoil. But rather than being overcome with grief at Andrew's loss, Sarah finds she is angry with him.
Back at her office, Lawrence, Sarah's lover and coworker, has come to see her. Sarah does not greet him warmly but soon apologizes for her abruptness. As they talk...
(The entire page is 532 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE