Literary Criticism at eNotes
"A valuable series of reference works. There is no other source where researchers can find both basic facts about a writer and a well-chosen array of diverse opinions about his or her work."
-American Reference Books Annual 1999
The criticism collection on eNotes is sourced from Thomson Gale's venerable literary criticism series, totalling more than 500 volumes of established and highly valued resources. Entries include 90% - 95% full text criticism, drawing from the following topics:
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism (75+ volumes)
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (200+ volumes)
- Drama Criticism (25+ volumes)
- Literary Criticism (1400-1800) (200+ volumes)
- Nineteenth-Century Literary Criticism (150+ volumes)
- Poetry Criticism (50+ volumes)
- Shakespearean Criticism (90+ volumes)
- Short Story Criticism (80+ volumes)
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism (150+ volumes)
Each volume will include profiles of 6 - 8 novelists, poets, playwrights, short story writers, and other creative and nonfiction writers, along with a diverse collection of critical essays on the writer.From the main criticism page, you can use our powerful search engine to find critical information on writers and their works, or browse through the collection. Use our "Cite this Page" tool at the top of each entry to determine the volume number and other information you need to properly cite material in the collection.
We welcome your feedback.