Marialisa Calta, "The Art of the Novel as Cookbook," in the New York Times Book Review, February 17, 1993.
Richard Corliss, review of Like Water for Chocolate, in Time, Vol. 141, No. 14, April 5,1993, p. 61.
Maria Elena de Valdes, "Verbal and Visual Representation of Women 'Like Water for Chocolate,'" in World Literature Today, Vol. 69, No. 1, Winter 1995, pp. 78-82.
Barbara Hoffert, review of The Law of Love, in Library Journal, July, 1996, p 156.
Mansa Januzzi, review of Like Water for...
(The entire page is 372 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE