Popular QuestionsSee all »
- Why does Mrs. Crater want Mr. Shiftlet to marry Lucynell?
- What is the overall theme in the short story "The Life You Save May Be Your Own"?
- In the opening pages of the story, what details of setting, of characterization, and of dialogue foreshadow later events?
- How would you characterize Mr. Shiftlet and Mrs. Crater and her daughter, Lucynell in ‘‘The Life You Save May Be Your Own’’?
- What is the meaning of the title in the short story "The Life You Save May Be Your Own?"