The author's persona
Early and late in the novel, the author projects himself into the novel, speaking of "I" and how the novel came to be. The author shares little about himself, only that he is a writer from Canada with two books published prior to Life of Pi. These details are true of Yann Martel but in a book that accents the constructed nature of stories so heavily, readers cannot assume they are completely one and the same.
Pi, born Piscine Molitor Patel, is the...
(The entire page is 944 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE