Demurova, Nina M. “Alice Speaks Russian: The Russian Translations of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.” Harvard Library Bulletin 5, no. 4 (winter 1994-95): 11-29.
Compares the various Russian translations of Carroll's most famous books.
Pennington, John. “Alice at the Back of the North Wind, Or the Metafictions of Lewis Carroll and George MacDonald.” Extrapolation 33, no. 1 (spring 1992): 59-72.
Discusses the influence Carroll and MacDonald had...
(The entire page is 245 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE