Article abstract: The release of lethal gas in Bhopal affected thousands Indians and raised moot questions about the production of toxic chemicals in developing countries.
Summary of Event
In economic terms. India is a country of contrasts. By the end of the twentieth century it had become one of the world’s largest industrial powers It had a large corps of well-trained scientists and engineers working in a variety of technologically advanced enterprises. India sold its electronic goods, including stereos and, more recently, computers, in Southeast...
(The entire page is 2471 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE