• Yeats was a playwright as well as a poet. To sample some of Yeats’s plays, read The Variorum Edition of the Plays of W. B. Yeats (1966), edited by Russell K. Alspach.
• In Yeats at Work (1965), Bradford Curtis examines selected manuscripts of Yeats, showing the progression of various poems through numerous revisions.
• Mario D’Avanzo compares “The Lake Isle of Innisfree” with “The Song of Solomon” in his 1971 essay in The McNeese Review.
• Susan Johnston Graf’s 2000 study entitled W. B. Yeats: Twentieth-Century...
(The entire page is 507 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE