1. Explain briefly why King Lear has called his family together in the first scene.
2. Which characters are involved in the subplot of the story?
3. Name one of the major themes of the play.
4. At what period in history does the play take place?
5. Why does Kent defend Cordelia when her father banishes her?
6. Why does the Duke of Burgundy reject the offer of Cordelia’s hand in marriage?
7. Who are the Duke of Albany and the Duke of Cornwall?
8. Who eventually marries Lear’s dowerless daughter? Where will...
(The entire page is 354 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE