Joe: The son of Rufus Weylin and Alice Greenwood
Evan Fowler: A new white overseer who works for Tom Weylin
Kevin and Dana return home. While Dana has been away for two months, Kevin has been gone for five years, and he is somewhat shocked at returning to the present. He tells Dana little about what he had done during those five years: he traveled through the cities of the Northeast; he supported himself as a teacher; he had helped slaves escape when he could; he was almost killed by a mob of whites who...
(The entire page is 1323 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE