Ellen G. Friedman (review date Spring 1994)
SOURCE: A review of My Mother: Demonology, in Review of Contemporary Fiction, Vol. 14, No. 1, Spring, 1994, pp. 213-4.
[Below, Friedman offers a favorable review of My Mother: Demonology.]
The themes in Kathy Acker's newest book will not surprise followers of her delirious prose. Schizophrenic juxtaposition again organizes her text. A section entitled "Rape by Dad" begins: "In the following paragraphs I would like to try to highlight various recollections from my childhood. My parents were...
(The entire page is 539 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE