1. What has Maureen remembered that both she and Bam believe is important?
2. What does Maureen do in the rain?
3. Who is Nyiko? What is her relationship to the family?
4. What explanation does July give for taking the bakkie?
5. How does Maureen connive to get the keys to the bakkie from July?
1. Maureen brought anti-malaria pills she looted when the pharmacies were destroyed by rioters. She and Bam both know how important their health is to surviving in the village.
(The entire page is 187 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE