1. Maureen has sent gifts to July's wife throughout the years. What does she realize about those gifts when she meets July's wife for the first time?
2. What does July's wife reveal about the hut where the Smaleses are living?
3. When July explains about the riots and the bombs on planes, why does his wife become afraid?
4. How does Bam stay busy in the village?
5. What does the photograph of Lydia and Maureen cause Maureen to realize?
1. Maureen realizes that her gifts were...
(The entire page is 278 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE