1. Josh Gibson refers to players and others involved in the Negro leagues besides Gibson. Choose one of them and research his or her life and then write a short biography of him or her. You may wish to imitate Holway's style, which emphasizes quotations from firsthand observers.
2. In what other books besides Josh Gibson and in what journalistic articles does Holway write about Gibson? How do his views grow and change over the years as he discusses Josh Gibson? Where does Holway come closest to capturing the real man behind the famous image?
(The entire page is 498 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE