Holway, John B. "Not All Stars Were White." Sporting News (July 4, 1983): S14. Holway talks about the Negro leagues' 1933 All-Star Game, played in Chicago in August, in which Gibson represented the Pittsburgh Crawfords.
"Negro Leagues Register." In The Baseball Encyclopedia. Ninth edition. Edited by Rick Wolff, et al. New York: Macmillan, 1993, pp. 2609-2680. Although far from a complete listing of all Negro leaguers, this has the most authoritative statistics for many of the stars of the Negro leagues.
(The entire page is 85 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE