On November 12, 1929, John B. Holway was born to Edward J., an engineer, and Frances (Rimbach) Holway, in Glen Ridge, New Jersey. He eventually attended the University of Iowa, where he received his bachelor of arts degree in 1950. The following year he joined the United States Army, and while in the service he met his future wife, Motoka Mori, marrying her on October 15, 1954. The couple have four children, two boys and two girls. Holway reached the rank of first lieutenant in the army, but he left the service in 1956, whereupon he took a job with the United States Information Service...
(The entire page is 471 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE