At a glance:
- Author: Jorge Guillén
Other Literary Forms
Jorge Guillén is a literary theorist and translator as well as a poet. His critical work Language and Poetry (1960) was first published in English translation, appearing in Spanish as Lengua y poesía the following year. Guillén edited the Cantar de los cantares of Luis de León and the Aguilar edition of the works of Federico García Lorca; in addition, he published volumes of correspondence and essays on García Lorca and Gabriel Miró.
(The entire page is 3335 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE