Abrams, M. D., et al., ed. 1986. “John Donne.” Norton Anthology of English Literature, 5th edition, Vol. I. New York: W. W. Norton. This anthology provides helpful footnotes that explain some of the language in the poems.
Clements, Arthur L., ed. 1992. John Donne’s Poetry: A Norton Critical Edition, 2nd edition. New York: W. W. Norton. This essential scholarship offers authoritative texts as well as gloss and notes on the poems. Also included are a series of essays tracing important scholarship on Donne. One section provides an overview of seven different...
(The entire page is 275 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE