Beach, Christopher. “The New Criticism and Poetic Formalism.” In The Cambridge Introduction to Twentieth-Century American Poetry, pp. 137-53. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003.
Offers a biographical and critical study of Ransom and his work.
Bryant, J. A., Jr. “Poetry and Politics at Vanderbilt, 1920-40.” In Twentieth-Century Southern Literature, pp. 38-60. Lexington: The University Press of Kentucky, 1997.
Provides an overview of the Fugitives, the Agrarians, and the New...
(The entire page is 451 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE