At a glance:
- Author: Herbert S. Parmet
- First Published: 1980
- Type of Work: Biography
- Time of Work: May 29, 1917-January, 1960
- Setting: The United States
- Genres: Nonfiction, Biography
- Subjects: United States or Americans, Twentieth century, Politicians, Presidents
- Locales: United States, North America
This is the first volume of a two-part biography of John F. Kennedy by Herbert S. Parmet, Professor of History at Queensborough Community College and the Graduate School of the City University of New York. The volume covers the period from Kennedy’s birth to the announcement of his candidacy for the Presidency of the United States. Published seventeen years after the assassination, this painstaking study is more serious and objective than the books released heretofore which generally were written by close associates of the late President. Although acquainted with these...
(The entire page is 1962 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE