- The Bridge on the Drina (Masterplots, Fourth Edition)
- Central and Southeastern European Long Fiction: The Serbian Novel (Critical Survey of Long Fiction, Fourth Edition)
- Bosnian Chronicle (Masterplots II: World Fiction Series)
- The Woman from Sarajevo (Masterplots II: World Fiction Series)
- The Bridge on the Drina (Cyclopedia of Literary Places)
At a glance:
- Author: Ivo Andrić
Other literary forms
Ivo Andri (AHN-dreech) began his writing career with two volumes of poems in 1918 and 1920 and continued to publish poetry in magazines throughout his life. During the 1920’s and 1930’s, he published several volumes of short stories and brought out a fourth volume in 1948. His essay “Conversations with Goya” (1934) sets out his creed as a writer and a humanist. Between 1945 and his death in 1975, he also published essays on various philosophical, aesthetic, and literary subjects. A selection of his short stories from all periods of his career,...
(The entire page is 8028 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE