Sean French (review date 1988)
SOURCE: French, Sean. “Earthly Powers.” New Statesman and Society 1, no. 21 (28 October 1988): 33-34.
[In the following review, French asserts that The Death of Methuselah, and Other Stories is “a wonderful collection of stories” by “one of the great tale-tellers of this century.”]
“The Smuggler,” one of the stories in this collection, is little more than an anecdote, just over seven pages long. An autograph-hunter comes to see Singer in his Broadway apartment. Singer asks why he needs...
(The entire page is 797 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE