Wesley Webster is a writer and a minister in the Worldwide Church of God, an international Christian church based in Pasadena, California.
Summary: Those who cite biblical passages to prove that God prohibits interracial marriage are misinterpreting scripture. The passages often cited forbid marriage between those of different faiths, not different races. Many prominent figures in the Bible, among them Moses and David, were married to women of different races. Other important figures of the Bible, including Solomon and Jesus, were of racially mixed...
(The entire page is 4882 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE