1. Janna Malamud Smith supports her argument that the Internet helps people stay connected by providing examples of her son and her chatting with distant friends online. On the other hand, Douglas Groothuis contends that online communication—such as that extolled by Smith—cannot provide the trust and human interaction necessary to build meaningful relationships. Describe a deep friendship that you enjoy, listing the specific qualities that make it meaningful and enduring. In your opinion, can such friendships be developed and sustained over the Internet? Why or...
(The entire page is 1233 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE