Many psychiatrists believe that people who spend too much time on the Internet can become “cyberjunkies,” users who are addicted to online shopping, gambling, computer games, or sex. These pastimes can entice Internet users into spending more and more time online, away from their responsibilities.
Many experts claim that the most common Internet addiction is to pornography. According to Brian McCormick, writer for the American Medical News, there are more than 2 million Internet sex addicts. Internet sex addicts compulsively visit pornographic websites and spend...
(The entire page is 320 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE