In the following viewpoint, Josh Moenning makes a sharp distinction between legal and illegal immigration. America has a long tradition of immigration, he argues, and legal immigrants can both benefit themselves and enrich the nation. However, illegal immigration can lead to social problems such as crime and the formation of prejudices against minorities. The United States must take steps to control illegal immigration in part to ensure the future of legal immigration, he concludes. Moenning was an opinion columnist for the Daily Nebraskan, the student newspaper at the University...
(The entire page is 1285 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE