Most observers agree that the primary motivation for illegal immigration in America is the lure of jobs. However, they disagree on what effect immigrants have on the economy and on American workers with whom they may compete for employment. In the following viewpoint by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), illegal immigrants are blamed for causing unemployment and hardship for American workers because of their willingness to work for low wages. FAIR is a national lobbying group that works to stop illegal immigration and limit legal immigration.
(The entire page is 1208 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE