Michael Scott is a businessman from Southern California, an area that is home to many illegal immigrants. In the following viewpoint, he argues that the American government is not doing enough to enforce immigration laws and stop what he calls a “relentless flood” of illegal immigration. Among the steps he recommends is to deport illegal immigrants, increase border enforcement, and prosecute employers who hire illegal immigrants. Failing to control illegal immigration will result in great harm to the United States, he concludes.
As you read, consider the...
(The entire page is 2134 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE