1. The narrator describes herself at various points in the Preface. Give a written description of the narrator. Do you think the narrator has a positive self-image? Explain.
2. The narrator fantasizes during the Preface. What are some of her fantasies?
1. The setting is an important part of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. Describe the Store in the morning. What smells, sights, etc. are there? Contrast this with a store opening in this day and time.
2. Contrast the pickers in the morning and in the evening....
(The entire page is 2075 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE