1. What did Marguerite think of her room after Bailey left?
2. Why did Marguerite not run away?
3. What did Marguerite decide to do instead of staying in her room or running away?
4. How old did one have to be to work at a defense job?
5. What did Mother say when she found out Marguerite wanted to work on the streetcars?
6. What did it mean when Mother said, “Can’t do is like Don’t Care”?
7. What were the offices of the Market Street Railway Company like?
8. Why did the receptionist first say that...
(The entire page is 284 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE