1. What is the saying among Black Americans which describes Momma’s secretiveness?
2. What plan did Momma make when Bailey came home with his story of the body?
3. Where did Mrs. Henderson get the material to make Marguerite’s new clothes?
4. What did Bailey do with the body?
5. How did Uncle Willie respond to Bailey’s story?
6. How did Momma respond to Bailey’s story?
7. Why did Marguerite think that they were going to California?
8. What two promises did Marguerite make to Bailey?
9. How did...
(The entire page is 316 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE