I Am Number Four begins as a man and a boy rest in a remote African hut. Strange, tall figures with pointed teeth burst in. They kill the man with a long sword “made of a shining white metal not found on Earth.” In his last breath, the man tells the boy to run. The boy obeys and runs away through the jungle at speeds around 60 miles per hour. The tall figures pursue him to a ravine. He leaps, not knowing if his superpowers are enough to carry him over. He lands the jump, but more enemies await him on the other side. They stab him, and he dies.
The dead boy is Number...
(The entire page is 2301 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE