1960s: Popular music, such as the songs referred to in the notes for this play, hints at sexual activity.
Today: Many popular songs directly refer to couples having sex.
1960s: Pedophilia is not spoken of. A child lodging a complaint about an older relative's improper conduct could expect not to be believed.
Today: Pedophilia is talked about every day on daytime television. Support groups have been established to give serious attention to charges that family members might not want to admit.
1960s-1970s: Alcohol use is...
(The entire page is 226 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE