1. What does Esperanza’s name mean in English and in Spanish?
2. After whom is Esperanza named?
3. What was Esperanza’s great-grandmother like?
4. What kind of name would Esperanza like for herself?
5. Why will Cathy be Esperanza’s friend “only till next Tuesday”?
6. Why is Cathy’s family leaving the neighborhood?
7. Why does Esperanza like Lucy and Rachel?
8. Why is Cathy not waiting when Esperanza gets back from buying the bike?
9. How does Esperanza think the girls will react to her...
(The entire page is 319 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE