Esperanza Cordero: the narrator of the novel
Nenny (Magdalena): Esperanza’s younger sister
Mama: Esperanza’s mother
Papa: Esperanza’s father
Carlos: Esperanza’s younger brother
Kiki: Esperanza’s youngest brother
Nun: a nun from Esperanza’s school
The House on Mango Street
Esperanza and her family have just moved to a house on Mango Street. They have lived on a number of different streets in the past, and Esperanza names as many of them as she can...
(The entire page is 1237 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE