Terms found in The House on Mango Street and in these eNotes:
A las Mujeres (dedication)— To the women
abuelito—affectionate term for grandfather (abuelo)
Ay, Caray!—Good heavens!
bracero—hired hands, temporary immigrant workers
brazer—see bracero above
chanclas—old shoes; good for nothing
comadres—female friend, neighbor
cuando—when El Movimiento and La Causa—The...
(The entire page is 231 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE