(I want to find out what types of bullying are going on in your high school).
4 Answers | Add Yours
This is an interesting, timely topic. We hear about bullying regularly in our schools. This is both bad and good; it's bad because the prevalence of bullying seems to be rising, but it's good because it has forced schools to deal with this issue. I might ask the following questions:
- Have you ever been bullied? If so, explain what happened.
- Do you know someone who has been bullied? Explain.
- Have you heard anyone talking about how he/she has bullied someone? What did they say they did?
- Have you ever witnessed anyone being bullied?
- What kinds of bullying have you read about?
- Why do you think some students are bullies?
Bullying is a problem in school today. The very first question that I would ask a student to do is define what bullying means to them. Certainly people have different views and opinions on what it actually is. Once that is defined, I think it may give me a better idea regarding which questions to ask. For example:
- What kind of bullying have you experienced? For example, cyber bullying.
- Is the bullying gender specific?
- Do certain social groups get bullied more than others?
- Does the school have resources available to help students who get bullied?
- Is there some kind of system set in place, like PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System), that teaches kids how harmful bullying can be?
If I was interviewing someone about bullying in high school , then I would ask
1 . Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied ?
2 . If you have witnessed someone being bullied , did you do anything to help out the victim ?
3 . Have you every bullied anyone ?
4 . Were you ever the victim of bullying ?
5 . Do you know about someone who is being bullied ?
6 . Are there a specific group of people who are being bullied at your school ?
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes