Better Students Ask More Questions.
Write an essay outline/plan on the poem "On the grasshopper and the cricket" that...
1 Answer | add yours
- Introduction (use the thesis I gave you)
- Warmth Imagery: “the birds are faint with the hot sun” (2), “That is the Grasshopper's--he takes the lead/In summer luxury” (5-6), “from the stove there shrills/The Cricket's song, in warmth increasing ever” (12-13)
- Renewal Imagery: “The poetry of earth is never dead” (1), “And hide in cooling trees, a voice will run/From hedge to hedge about the new-mown mead” (3-4)
- Joy Imagery: “he has never done/With his delights; for when tired out with fun/He rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed” (6-8)
- Conclusion (restate thesis)
Middle School Teacher
I suggest choosing a theme from the poem and writing an essay explaining how imagery supports this theme. I would suggest three uses of imagery. Here is an example theses: In “On the Grasshopper and the Cricket” Keats expresses the idea of nature’s unending beauty through imagery of warmth, renewal and joy. I would outline the essay this way:
Posted by litteacher8 on February 5, 2011 at 12:14 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.