2 Answers | Add Yours
Every modern society has social policies. These are policies aimed at making human life better. Since every society has such policies, we need to study them to try to figure out which ones, if any, are effective. We want to maximize the welfare of the people in our society. In order to do so, we must study social policies so that we can understand what impacts various policies have. If we do this, we can have a better chance of creating social policy that will make our society better and allow our people to live better lives.
- 1st for Social Work and 3rd for Social Policy, Guardian University Guide 2012
- Placements as part of our Applied Social Science, Social Policy and Social Work programmes
- Great career prospects and employability
- Teaching by academic staff classed as 'world-leading' and 'internationally excellent', RAE 2008
- Degree courses with real world relevance
We’ve answered 317,443 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question