1 Answer | Add Yours
Odysseus meets a lot of people in the Hades, the Land of the Dead.
He goes there in Book 11 because Circe tells him he has to go there to talk to the prophet Teiresias if he ever wants to get back home.
Once he gets to Hades, he meets:
- Elpenor -- a crewman of his who just died by getting drunk and falling off a roof
- Odysseus's mother, Anticleia
- Tyro, who had a child with Poseidon and was grandmother of Nestor
- Epikaste, better known as Jocasta, mother of Oedipus
- Nestor's mother Cloris
- Ariadne, lover of Thesus who went into the labyrinth
We’ve answered 396,217 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question