Better Students Ask More Questions.
Which are the signs that may indicate a tendency toward alcohol abuse and addiction?
3 Answers | add yours
- Liver = Health
- Lover= Reltaionships , Personal & Social
- Livlihood= Work Relationships, working routine
- Legal= Behavioural, run in's with law enforcement, etc
- Antisocial personality -- having a hard time getting along with other people
- Poor ability to cope with stress
- Compulsive behaviors
- Difficulty with putting off gratification
Here are a few important indicators:
1. Denial is probably one of the main signs. People who tend to abuse any substance believe that there is no problem. This is why admitting that you have a problem is the first step towards overcoming your addition.
2. Secrecy. This point, for obvious reasons, will be very hard to detect, but loved ones and close friends will be able to read between the lines and detect patterns.
3. Look for changes in life. Usually things like alcoholism take place when there is added stress.
Posted by readerofbooks on November 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM (Answer #1)
Alcohol abuse and addiction can have many indicators, some fall into the social realm, as previously mentioned, and others are physical. Reizen 1980 came up with his four L model for identifying who may be falling into an addictive style of behaviour . this model suggests any body whose physical or social symptoms meet three out of the four L's may be addicted. the Four L's are
The majority of the symptoms of alcohol and or addiction will fit into these categories.
Posted by tutorjim on May 9, 2011 at 4:15 AM (Answer #2)
It is, of course, not possible to determine for sure who has a tendency towards addiction. However, here are some signs that are often given as showing such a tendency.
Of course, these behaviors can also be present in people who are not going to end up getting addicted to alcohol. However, some experts believe they are signs of this tendency.
Posted by pohnpei397 on November 22, 2009 at 11:31 PM (Answer #3)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.