Better Students Ask More Questions.
Whats a good topic for an essay on "The Jungle Book"?ASAP
1 Answer | add yours
High School Teacher
One could look at many different good topics for an essay on the novel The Jungle Book.
Here are some ideas one could use to examine the novel more closely:
1. Compare and contrast the ideology of the wolves and the monkeys.
2. There are many different references to imagery throughout the novel. Choose one image and describe its impact on the novel as a whole. (One example would be fire.)
3. The use of personification (the giving of human characteristics/qualities to non-human and non-living things) is obvious. Why do you think that Kipling personified the animals in the novel. What would change if the animals could not communicate with Mowgli? How would his life be different? How would the experience for the reader be different?
4. Self-realization and personal identity is a question that remains for both Mowgli and the animals. How does Mowgli come to understand his own personal identity?
5. How is the balance of animalism and humanism detailed in the novel?
Posted by literaturenerd on September 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.