6 Answers | Add Yours
MAJOR EVENTS OF TREASURE ISLAND
- Billy Bones arrives at the Benbow Inn.
- Black Dog, Pew and their pirate friends ransack the inn.
- Jim Hawkins and his mother open the chest and discover the treasure map inside.
- Dr. Livesey and Squire Trelawney interpret the map and plan to go after the treasure.
- The Hispaniola is outfitted in Bristol and Long John Silver is hired.
- The Hispaniola sails for Treasure Island.
- Jim overhears plotting by the crew aboard the Hispaniola.
- The Hispaniola arrives at Treasure Island.
- Long John Silver and his pirate crew revolt.
- Ben Gunn is discovered on the island.
- The pirates battle the Jim and the others.
- Jim escapes and captures the Hispaniola.
- Long John Silver finds the spot of the treasure, but no gold is found.
- The pirates rise up against Silver, but he joins the others as they escape--with the gold--to the ship.
- The Hispaniola sets sail with the treasure, leaving the remaining pirates behind.
- Long John Silver escapes; the others return to England--rich men all.
- Billy Bones arrives.
- Jim's father dies.
- Pew arrives.
- Billy Bones dies.
- Jim acquires a map that Dr. Livesey and Squire Trelawney interpret as a treasure map.
- Jim, Livesey, and Trelawney plan to get a ship and find the treasure.
- Squire Trelawney hires Long John Silver and trusts him to get the remaining crew members.
- Squire Trelawney finds a captain (Smollett) and a ship (Hispaniola).
- Jim overhears Long John Silver's plan to take over the ship and take the treasure for himself and his pirate crew.
- The ship arrives at the island.
- Smollett and those loyal to him fight the pirates.
- Smollett and his loyal men set up at a fort on the island.
- Jim meets Ben Gunn.
- Jim escapes from the pirates and manages to capture and move the Hispaniola.
- Silver finds the treasure location, but no treasure is there.
- The remaining pirates revolt against Silver.
- It's discovered that Ben Gunn moved the treasure long before the ship arrived.
- Jim, Silver, and the remaining "good guys" set sail with the treasure. The remaining pirates are abandoned on the island.
- Everybody returns to England as rich men, and Long John Silver manages to escape.
This is a great book, which means that there are a lot of twists and turns in the novel. Let me give you two examples to show you what a major event would be.
First, Jim Hawkins and his mother find a treasure map in their inn. This discovery starts the novel. Without it there would be no mystery, no adventure, and no antagonists or protagonists. Immediately after this, Livesey and Squire Trelawney charter a ship to get the famous treasure of pirate Flint.
Second, another significant event is when Long John Silver is able to find a way onto the Hispaniola. Later on he is found to be a duplicitous person. He poses as a chef but he is actually a pirate who is also looking for the treasure. In the end, he becomes the main adversary and gains the respect of the reader. Finally, he leaves with a portion of the treasure.
Very helpful thanks
We’ve answered 317,393 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question