1 Answer | Add Yours
These are the tragic elements which pertain to Hamlet, the character:
1. His father died.
2. He experiences a deep grief and wonders about the purpose of life and his existence in the world.
3. His mother marries his uncle shortly after his father dies. He sees this as incestuous.
4. Horatio introduces him to his father's ghost who tells him that he's been murdered by his uncle!
5. His former friends Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are solely in the employment of his Uncle and pry Hamlet for information.
6. His Uncle tried to kill him on his way to England.
7. His former lover, Ophelia, goes mad after he kills her father Polonius.
8. He mistakenly kills Polonius thinking it's the King.
Your challenge is to get the quotes you'll need to demonstrate these tragic plot elements.
We’ve answered 317,661 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question