1 Answer | Add Yours
In Chapter 4, the Preacher tells Opal ten things about her mother. They are:
- She could make anyone laugh
- She had red hair and freckles like Opal.
- She was good at growing things (and liked to).
- She could run really fast.
- She did not know how to cook.
- She loved to listen to stories.
- She knew all the constellations and planets in the sky.
- She hated being a preacher's wife.
- She drank too much.
- She loved Opal very much.
To me, the only real connection here is that Opal is able to start to try to fit in with the society in Naomi. Knowing something about her mother, she is more confident and more ready to go out and interact with people.
We’ve answered 317,705 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question