In To Kill a Mockingbird, what are ten important places and their page numbers in Maycomb?
2 Answers | Add Yours
1. THE MAYCOMB TRIBUNE OFFICE, where Mr. Underwood
edited the newspaper; across from the jail. Chapter 15.
2. MAYCOMB JUNCTION, train station. Chapter 14.
3. FINCH'S LANDING, Atticus' homestead, 20 miles west of
Maycomb. Chapter 1.
4. RADLEY PLACE, home of Boo. Chapter 1.
5. MAYCOMB COUNTY JAIL, where Tom Robinson was held.
6. BARKER'S EDDY, where "Crazy Addie" drowned. Chapter 1
& Chapter 25.
7. OLD SARUM, an area north of Maycomb and home to the
Cunninghams. Chapter 1.
8. SCHOOL HOUSE, where Jem and Scout attended. Chapter
9. FIRST PURCHASE AFRICAN M. E. CHURCH, Calpurnia's
church. Chapter 12.
10. JITNEY JUNGLE, the grocery store near where Mr. Ewell
spit on Atticus. Chapter 23.
These are additional places that are key to understanding the story:
- The Finch home
- Miss Maudie's home (old and new)
- Mrs. Dubose's home
- The Ewell home
- The Robinson home
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes