What are some quotes in To Kill A Mockingbird that show love connections between characters.
Boo and the kids , "Summer , and he watched his children's heart break. Autumn again, and Boo's children needed him." Pg, 279.
Atticus and Jem, "He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked upi in the morning." Pg. 281.
Dill and Scout, `They kiss you good night and good mornìn` and good-bye and tell you they love you - Scout lets get us a baby.`Pg. 143 .
1 Answer | Add Yours
It looks like you have some excellent examples already, but here are a few others from To Kill a Mockingbird.
UNCLE JACK. Everyone seemed to love Atticus' brother, the doctor from Boston.
- Rose Aylmer was Uncle Jack's cat. She was a beautiful yellow female Uncle Jack said was one of the few women he could stand permanently.
- I always thought it was funny when Uncle Jack pecked Atticus on the cheek; they were the only two men we ever saw kiss each other.
- "I shall never marry, Atticus... I might have children."
MISS MAUDIE. Maudie has a certain love for Jack, too, at least in a flirtatious sense. Each Christmas the two old friends trade insults and Jack always repeats his request for her to marry him, but Jack claims that he is only "trying to get Miss Maudie's goat."
- "Call a little louder, Jack Finch, and they'll hear you at the post office, I haven't heard you yet."
- She loved everything that grew in God's earth, even the weeds.
DILL & SCOUT. Despite their youth, the two hope to marry some day--though Scout's violent streak may have eventually deterred Dill anyway.
- He had asked me earlier in the summer to marry him, then he promptly forgot about it. He staked me out, marked as his property, said I was the only girl he would ever love, then he neglected me. I beat him up twice but it did no good, he only grew closer to Jem.
We’ve answered 317,354 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question